Improve Sales Using CRM for Sales, Delivery and Service
April 24, 2012
Implementing CRM for sales support can transform any organization. With access to quality data at their fingertips, your service teams will be better equipped to meet the challenges they face in the market. Customer loyalty and increased sales are natural results of a well deployed CRM tool for sales. Some of the ways how CRM tool can improve sales productivity are:
- Integrate your data across all channels in your organization. Inefficiency is one of the biggest roadblocks for companies. Companies that expand their CRM application to include project management and accounting integration are maximizing the level of detail made available across various departments. Integration and minimizing multiple applications enables efficient, smooth, time-saving processes.
- Customize your application. One size of anything usually does not fit all. The same holds true for your company’s CRM application. Though using an out-of-the-box solution is often the easiest option, be sure and give your sales and operation teams the best work flow possible by mapping out customized elements in the system to fit your company’s culture and specific needs. But if you’re finding you need to customize major system areas, you might look for a better fitting CRM system.
- Link your CRM to service, delivery, and support tickets. Providing service people, sales people, and tech support/customer service the ability to see complete customer information allows the entire organization to respond and engage customers as soon as issues arise. Why would you keep some of it in other disconnected systems?
- Automate & customize reports. Business intelligence provides management with key information to make profitability decisions more proactively. Extending CRM to other areas makes reporting even more critical.
- Setting standard reporting templates for sales personnel within CRM saves a lot of time and can help them focus more on other productive activities. Use an easy reporting tool that doesn’t require everyone to wait on reports from your IT staff.
- Integrate quote and proposal building. CRM for salespeople helps to automate many processes. Don’t forget quotation generation. The old way of Word docs and Excel spreadsheets is inefficient. Get quotes out faster and cheaper and cash in quicker. Ensure that your sales personnel can respond to inquiries quickly for faster sales.
Expanding a traditional CRM beyond managing customer relationship management can provide not only your sales team but also your marketing, operations, production, service, delivery, support and accounting departments new levels of efficiency and shared information. This type of “new” application is known as Professional Services Automation (PSA). PSA is designed to assist professionals, such as consultants, with project management and resource management for client projects. This is accomplished by inputing data that automatically develops metrics to quantify and qualify business processes which are then used to streamline and improve your overall business.
A typical PSA system includes project management and documentation, time and expense recording, billing, reporting, resource allocation, labor utilization, labor cost capture and more. And implement before you get too busy or too large. It just gets more difficult when you are growing rapidly at the same time.