During the pandemic, small acts of kindness can go a very long way, particularly around the holidays. Here is a list of 20 simple ways to help others and put yourself in the holiday mood .
20 Small Acts of Kindness During the Holidays
- Buy a coffee for the person behind you in the drive-through.
- Leave quarters at the laundromat.
- Buy a gift from a friend’s small business. They’ll appreciate your support and you get to check one gift-buying task off your list.
- Return all the carts at the grocery store.
- Take a walk and pick up any litter you might see around your neighborhood.
- Send a “thinking of you” text to somebody you haven’t spoken with in a while.
- Send a handwritten letter or crafty greeting card to a friend or family member.
- Leave a glowing review for a local small business you love. Head to Facebook or Yelp and leave your positive notes.
- Rake a neighbor’s leaves for them, or blow the leaves off their yard or patio, or shovel the snow from their sidewalk before they wake up.
- Leave your favorite book in a “little free library.” You can find one near you with this map.
- Leave an inspirational note for a coworker through your office chat or Slack.
- Sneak a five dollar bill into your partner or roommate’s pocket.
- Call the library and pay somebody else’s library fees.
- Find a few things around your space to donate, like towels to an animal shelter or clothes to a women’s home. Or take your delivery box and mail it back with donated items for Amazon’s Give Back Box program.
- Leave a box of cookies on a neighbor’s doorstep.
- Steal a chore from your partner or roommate’s to-do list. Do the dishes even though it’s their turn.
- Make a small donation to a charity you support. Charity Watch’s list of the top rated charities is a good place to start.
- Write a thank you letter to a service member. You can send your letter to Operation Gratitude to be included in a future care package to our troops.
- Write a thank you note to the nurses at your local hospital, first responders at the fire station, or librarians at your favorite library. Include flowers or a treat if you’re able.
- Leave cold drinks and snacks out for your postal carrier and delivery drivers. Add a sign that says “Thank you delivery drivers!” and “Help yourself.”
# # #
TimeLinx delivers innovative project & service management software as a complete solution that perfects the sell-track-manage-support-bill cycle that services organizations must have to delight their customers; TimeLinx brings the cycle together in a single application that offers less frustration, better project management, complete reporting, and improved profitability – all specially designed for Infor and Sage.