What is CRM software?
CRM stands for Customer Relationship Management. It’s a way of tracking and managing interaction with prospects, leads and customers as they move through every stage of a company’s sales cycle.
If ERP lets you focus on running your business, CRM tools help you focus on customers. CRM software helps businesses improve customer relationships by organizing and automating communications and activities across all customer-facing departments including sales, marketing and customer service.
Cloud CRM systems provide a level of automation that enables businesses to run smoothly and efficiently. And, because every customer interaction is stored in one place, you and your team can nurture these relationships at every stage.
eCRM (electronic Customer Relationship Management) is focused specifically on managing interactions with customers through web-based technologies. CRM software can make this easier for eCommerce companies by recording and analyzing customer behavior at every online touch-point.
As a manager, you can also gain insight into how your sales and marketing campaigns are performing, helping you make more informed business decisions.
How CRM works
CRM software works by collecting an organization’s customer data – any interaction with existing or potential customers – and organizing it into a centralized environment, accessible across the organization.
This allows you to track and reference past customer interactions to effectively move prospects forward on their journey through automated outreach, sales campaigns, and targeted marketing.
A CRM system enables employees to spend less time searching for customer data and more time developing and fostering their connections. The centralized framework optimizes workflow, allowing businesses to communicate both internally and with the customer to maintain a positive, personal experience at every point.
Besides helping businesses create a better customer experience, the uniformity and breadth of information provided by CRM software aids managers in evaluating progress and devising effective strategies moving forward.
How CRM software delivers exceptional customer service
Using CRM software, your marketing team can identify the sources of leads, opportunities and closed sales. They can also find customer information for upcoming campaigns and send targeted email marketing campaigns.
Improve customer services
With a complete view of the customer life-cycle, your customer service team gains the tools they need to resolve queries faster and with more personal responses.
How CRM systems boost sales
You can simplify the sales process, shorten sales cycles and make the most of every sales opportunity. CRM software automates sales tasks such as creating quotes and orders, forecasting sales, progressing leads and converting them to opportunities using sales workflows.
Market more effectively
With an integrated CRM system, you will be able to create targeted campaigns based on customer information and deliver a better return on your marketing budget.
Pitch new products to the right people
With better business insight, you will be able to leverage reliable customer data and target customers who want your new products and services.
How CRM tools improve productivity and profitability
· Help your teams accomplish more
- Avoid duplication of work and handle customer relationships more efficiently with a consolidated view of data.
· Retain your best customers
- Gain an end-to-end view of the customer life-cycle based on reliable data stored in the cloud to capitalize on up-sell and cross-sell opportunities.
· Market your products and services
- Run targeted campaigns based on customer information and drive growth upwards.
Best CRM software features for small and medium-sized businesses
· Centralize your critical business information
- CRM platforms store your customer data in a central, secure location. This information includes email and communication histories, sales quotes, orders received, opportunities, and open and resolved support cases. As this information is in one place, you can feel confident you’re acting on up-to-date information.
· Automate sales
- Using CRM, you can automate many of the day-to-day tasks that form part of the sales process including order processing, lead management, and sales forecasts. This automation eliminates the need to spend time performing manual daily tasks like scheduling sales calls.
· Send targeted marketing campaigns
- More targeted campaigns ensure a higher return on your investment, faster. Our solution enables you to plan marketing campaigns and run campaign reports within minutes.
· Provide world-class customer service
- Nurturing customers and providing them with an excellent customer experience will improve your retention rate and drive growth as well as help you outperform the competition.
· Gain insights into your business
- With CRM you can generate reports for key areas of your business including sales, customer service, lead reports, marketing and so on. You can even create tailored reports that measure how the business is performing against KPIs. These types of reports help managers evaluate where the business stands and make more informed decisions.
· Manage your contacts
- CRM is built to manage your information about contacts. For each contact, you can store information like phone numbers, email and postal addresses. For example, a travelling salesperson can access this contact information using their mobile device before they meet or call a client.
# # #
TimeLinx delivers innovative project & service management software as a complete solution that perfects the sell-track-manage-support-bill cycle that services organizations must have to delight their customers; TimeLinx brings the cycle together in a single application that offers less frustration, better project management, complete reporting, and improved profitability – all specially designed for Infor and Sage.