What is Field Service CRM software?
With an increasing growth in the service sector in our daily lives, field service CRM software is the driving force behind business development. Featuring numerous benefits, particularly ones intended for organization, this tool allows you to quickly respond to any client need. Let’s take a closer look at the various features this software has to offer, including its benefits and disadvantages, and at the industry leaders.
Definition: What is Field Service CRM Software?
It’s important to first define this type of software, as many claim to fall into this category when, in fact, they do not.
Field service CRM software is first and foremost a tool for organizing your business’ various tasks. Among other benefits, it allows you to manage a team of field technicians, as well as the workflow of your mobile employees, and to oversee operations remotely.
Field service CRM software lets you organize your mobile employees, while improving their workflow and productivity. These features make field service CRM software essential for micro‑enterprises, SMEs and multinationals.
These businesses, which often have one or more fleets of vehicles, and therefore field technicians, will need to rely on this type of software to coordinate and organize their various deployments.
As such, many companies rely on field service CRM software. Businesses that own a fleet of commercial field vehicles—from delivery companies to security companies—all use field service CRM software.
This technological solution is of utmost importance when planning out your field employees’ daily schedules; it’s also an essential tool for enabling businesses to address the various logistical issues they may face. Indeed, this is what we will be discussing next.
What are the features of field service CRM software?
With its numerous benefits, field service CRM software is sometimes considered obscure. Here are the main features in Field Service CRM Software:
- Optimizing and resolving delivery-related problems: The main benefit of this type of software remains its delivery optimization. With this feature comes the ability to manage a variety of issues encountered by field teams.
Basically, field service software gives you an overview of your field team. You automatically know exactly where your orders are and when they will be delivered. You will also be in continual contact with your technicians.
You will automatically be able to optimize your different product deliveries, all while solving any problem that may arise. Thanks to a complete suite of tools, you will be equipped to provide advanced notice to your field employees and your clients, to whom you can also offer an appropriate solution within a matter of seconds for addressing pitfalls encountered during the delivery process.
- Planning and managing field technicians: A benefit of field service CRM software is its capacity to manage field technicians. This software helps you address any type of unexpected issue by organizing and planning every delivery, order or meeting.
You will have a comprehensive view of each of your field teams and technicians. You can even track their progress in the field and act in a coordinated fashion to respond to any client demand.
Of course, this software also helps you reach your productivity goals. You can anticipate any future problems, optimize a trip or group your technicians together in a logical manner to help minimize wasted trips. It’s a necessary tool if a business wants to boost the productivity of every employee without increasing their workload.
- Centralizing data to more easily manage unexpected issues: In line with the above benefits, centralizing data is inherent to field service CRM software. With this tool, you will be able to centralize every piece of information coming in from your various field technicians.
You will therefore be all set to analyze trips, pitfalls, routes, and above all, the progress of every professional in the field. In a single glance, you will automatically be able to understand and respond to every unexpected issue that arises from the deployments of each employee.
This is a substantial benefit in the sense that your business must prioritize productivity and client needs. The person responsible for managing field technicians will hence be able to guide each of them to provide appropriate solutions for every situation.
All in all, you will find that this software offers essential features for notifying and managing field technicians. It serves as a continuous connection between your offices and those on the outside to effectively manage your various teams.
What are the benefits of field service CRM software for your field technicians and your business?
Field service CRM software will provide significant support for your business, in terms of both entrepreneurship and your salary. Having more flexible, efficient technicians will boost your productivity. Some of the benefits include:
- Optimized work performed by your field technicians: Your business’ employees will save time. Not only will they be better informed of trips, but they will also have generalized access to available data. They will then be able to make and optimize decisions in real time to deal with unexpected issues or specific problems. It will be much easier to effectively organize and update their work in real time.
- Responses customized to every inquiry: In particular, transportation and inventory management will be optimized and adapted to every inquiry. This feature will make it possible for your technicians to deal any unexpected issue while getting an overview of their transportation and inventory—if they have one. With these factors, your employees will be able to work more independently and therefore boost their performance.
- Improved efficiency: Still focusing on field technicians, working more efficiently will be a priority. With overall task management, most especially the ability to preview daily or weekly tasks, they are better able to focus their efforts in the field. This is a critical advantage when a business wants to provide its field technicians with areas for improvement throughout their progression within the business.
- Reduced costs: Another benefit, but this time pertaining to the business itself—lower costs. In fact, it’s possible for businesses to effectively reduce their different costs, notably by scaling various processes. An exceptional way to put in less effort, yet more work. Basically, it’s essential for entrepreneurs seeking to level up, in particular by optimizing their costs and their workforce in the field.
The above are a few essential criteria for securing a positive outlook for the future of your business. Of course—and this is perhaps the main issue—the employee will be able to progress in a supportive environment where independence rhymes with efficiency. This is of incredible benefit, especially for certain industries that struggle to maintain a long-term workforce.
Lastly, field service CRM software gives you a considerable advantage over your competition. With this software, not only will you be able to expand, or take your coordination to the next level, you will also be able to directly impact the efficiency of your business.
You will automatically reduce your costs and boost your performance: your field teams will work less, yet more efficiently, bringing in more income for your business. It’s an easy way to level up from a micro-enterprise to an SME. Field service CRM software is an essential tool for ambitious entrepreneurs who are willing to do whatever it takes to reduce their operating costs. If your business has a services element to it and interested in learning more, please contact us at- click here.
# # #
TimeLinx delivers innovative project & service management software as a complete solution that perfects the sell-track-manage-support-bill cycle that services organizations must have to delight their customers; TimeLinx brings the cycle together in a single application that offers less frustration, better project management, complete reporting, and improved profitability – all specially designed for Infor and Sage.